MARCH 5, 13:30, YUGRA-CLASSIC CONCERT AND THEATRE CENTRE, KHANTY-MANSIYSK
An event within the Russian chairmanship in the Arctic Council in 2021-2023.
Since 2015, the “Culture” National Project has facilitated an upgrade of over 1,200 film theatres in cities with the population of less than 500 thousand people, including those in Russia’s Arctic Zone regions. In some places such renovated film theatres evolve from just a place to watch films into leisure facilities. How to make a film theatre a hub for a city’s community and cultural life?
Maria Istomina, Editor, Media and Culture Unit, Vedomosti Newspaper
Speakers and panelists:
• Svetlana Maksimchenko, Producer, Director, “Udarnik” Film Theater
• Vladimir Golovnev, Documentary Filmmaker, Author of “The Long Shot”, a film about film theaters in small towns
• Sergey Familtsev, Director, Omsk Regional Film and Video Center
• Natalia Latysheva, Head, Craft Arts Center, Nes village (the Nenets Autonomous District)
• Svetlana Soldatova, Director, ANO “Northern Character”
• Anton Zakharov, Program Director, “Pobeda” Film Theater