MARCH 5, 11:00, YUGRA-CLASSIC CONCERT AND THEATRE CENTRE, KHANTY-MANSIYSK
An event within the Russian chairmanship in the Arctic Council in 2021-2023.
With Hollywood studios refusing to distribute films in Russia, our film industry needs new approaches to selecting film content and working with the audience.
People have started to express interest in their own history and culture. Films about indigenous peoples are getting top film festival awards and are broadly acclaimed by spectators. What makes ethnic cinema attractive for spectators and can it really support Russia’s film distribution?
Andrey Apostolov, Chief Editor, Lenfilm Studio, Film Scholar, Program Director, Window to Europe and Gorky Fest film festivals
• Anton Malyshev, Executive Director, Kinoprime Foundation
• Tamara Statikova, CEO, Arctic Open Festival
• Angelina Ashman, Lead Documentary Producer, KION online cinema
• Ivan Bolotnikov, Producer, Director, Head, Author Film Studio
• Olga Bazhenova, Director, Eastwood Festival Agency
• Filipp Abryutin, Artistic Director, Golden Crow International Arctic Film Festival
• Georgy Shabanov, CEO, All Media Company (a START Company)